How to Connect to Amazon S3-Compatible Storages
Amazon S3 API becoming a de facto standard interface for cloud storages. Novadays many hosting providers provide access to their storages via Amazon S3-Compatible APIs. Some examples are: Dreamhost, HostEurope, Dunkel Storage, Wasabi as well as many others.
Using TntDrive you can easily mount/map these storages as Network or Removable drive.
In order to mount Amazon S3-Compatible storage you need the following details:
- Access Key Id - also known as a username.
- Secret Access Key - also known as a password.
- REST Endpoint (an API endpoint) - an address used to send requests to the storage, usually it is provided with the username and password, but in some cases you may need to check storage documentation or contact storage support.
To map Amazon S3-Compatible storage:
1. Start TntDrive and click Add New Mapped Drive.
Start TntDrive and click Add New Mapped Drive.
Add New Mapped Drive dialog will open:
Add New Mapped Drive dialog.
2. Choose S3 Compatible Storage as a storage type
3. Specify the REST Endpoint - An address that is used to send API calls to the storage. Please check the storage documentation or contact the storage support to find the REST endpoint address.
4. Select Signature Version - the most widely supported signature version is V2. If Signature V4 is supported by the storage, we recommend to switch to V4.
5. Specify Access Key ID and Secret Access Key - access keys can be found in your storage profile. Please check storage documentation or contact storage support to if you have difficulties in obtaining your access keys.
6. Specify the bucket/container you would like to map.
7. Choose the mapped drive letter
8. Check the Use secure transfer SSL/TLS checkbox if you would like to encrypt all communications with the storage.
9. Click Add new drive