How to Connect to Amazon S3-Compatible Storages
Amazon S3 API becoming a de facto standard interface for cloud storages. Novadays many hosting providers provide access to their storages via Amazon S3-Compatible APIs. Some examples are: Dreamhost, HostEurope, Dunkel Storage, Eucalyptus/Walrus as well as many others.
Using TntDrive you can easily mount/map these storages as Network or Removable drive.
In order to mount Amazon S3-Compatible storage you need the following details:
- Access Key Id - also known as a username.
- Secret Access Key - also known as a password.
- REST Endpoint (an API endpoint) - an address used to send requests to the storage, usually it is provided with the username and password, but in some cases you may need to check storage documentation or contact storage support.
To map Amazon S3-Compatible storage:
1. Start TntDrive and click Add New Mapped Drive.
Start TntDrive and click Add New Mapped Drive.
Add New Mapped Drive dialog will open:
Add New Mapped Drive dialog.
2. Choose S3 Compatible Storage as a storage type and specify account credentials, REST endpoint and the bucket and click Add new drive.