How to Mount Amazon S3 Buckets in GovCloud Region
AWS GovCloud is an isolated AWS Region designed to allow US government agencies and customers to move sensitive workloads into the cloud by addressing their specific regulatory and compliance requirements.
The following GovCloud regions are supported for now:
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage (FIPS-140-2)
Endpoint: s3-fips-us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com (uses FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic modules to support compliance with FIPS 140-2)
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage
Endpoint: s3-us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com (non-FIPS alternative for Amazon S3)
With TntDrive you can easily mount Amazon S3 Buckets in GovCloud region.
To Mount Buckets in US GovCloud Region:
Important note: in order to start working with GovCloud Region you need to contact AWS GovCloud (US) Region business representative and go through approval process.
1. Start TntDrive Dashboard and click Add New Mapped Drive.
Click Accounts -> Add New Account to add new account.
Add New Mapped Drive dialog will appear:
Add New Mapped Drive dialog.
2. Choose the Storage type:
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage (FIPS-140-2) if you need compliance with FIPS 140-2.
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage for non-FIPS alternative.
3. Specify your Access Key Id and Secret Access Key
4. Choose the Bucket you want to mount.
5. Click Add new drive.
You may also check Advanced Drive Properties to configure additional parameters of the mapped drive.