How to Mount Amazon S3 Buckets in GovCloud Region
AWS GovCloud is an isolated AWS Region designed to allow US government agencies and customers to move sensitive workloads into the cloud by addressing their specific regulatory and compliance requirements.
The following GovCloud regions are supported for now:
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage (FIPS-140-2)
Endpoint: s3-fips-us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com (uses FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic modules to support compliance with FIPS 140-2)
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage
Endpoint: s3-us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com (non-FIPS alternative for Amazon S3)
With TntDrive you can easily mount Amazon S3 Buckets in GovCloud region.
In order to start working with Amzon GovCloud you need to contact AWS GovCloud (US) Region business representative and go through approval process.
To Mount Buckets in US GovCloud Regions:
1. Start TntDrive Dashboard and click Accounts, Add new account.
Start TntDrive Dashboard and click Accounts, Add new account
Add New Account dialog will open:
Add New Account dialog
2. Choose the Storage type:
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage (FIPS-140-2) if you need compliance with FIPS 140-2.
- Amazon S3 GovCloud Storage for non-FIPS alternative.
3. Specify your Access Key Id and Secret Access Key
4. Turn on Use secure transfer (SSL/TLS)
5. Click Add new account
You can now add new mapped drive with this account.